Anti-seize coating is available for both medium watt density cartridge heaters and high watt density cartridge heaters. Anti-seize coating will make cartridge heater extraction more efficient while keeping work and damage to your costly tooling to a minimum.
Nexthermal now hard coats cartridge heaters in-house to improve delivery. With this coating, we are still able to hold our precision Nexthermal tolerance. If you have ever struggled to remove a cartridge heater, you understand the positive impact anti-seize coating will have on your productivity.
- Reduces the likelihood of drilling out a cartridge heater.
- FDA recognized for food packaging applications.
- No reduction in heat transfer of cartridge heater.
- Suitable for temperatures up to 1380° F.
- Reduced cost of cartridge heater due to faster replacement, minimum tool damage and rework time.
- FDA approved for packaging and food processing.
- Anti-seize will allow quick, easy removal of the cartridge heater.
- Improved heat transfer due to special composition, verses standard stainless steel.
- Special compound acts as a corrosion inhibitor thus protecting the cartridge heater.
- Protects the cartridge heater bore from galling.
- Bonded to the heater sheath – will not turn to powder.
- Material can be removed only by grinding or scraping.
- Maximum cartridge heater diameter is Ø 1 in.
- Minimum cartridge heater diameter is Ø 1/8 in.
- Maximum length is 50 in. as standard. Special lengths can be accommodated, however a special quote must be prepared for the cartridge heater.
- Coating thickness can be varied from .012mm to .018mm – thicker is possible with special quote.
- Cartridge heater diameter is manufactured to be within standard finish tolerance after coating is applied.
- When using a Teflon end seal, there will be a ring of heater approximately .250 in. long at the lead end that is not coated. This should be avoided if possible.
Anti-seize cartridge heaters are used for following heater applications:
- Seal Bars
- Torpedo Heaters for injection molding
- Injection molding manifolds
- Mass Spectrometry
- Rubber molding
- Food production
- Immersion Tank heating
- HVAC Compressors
- Fuel Cell
- Medical Devices
- Sensor measurement devices
- Die Casting
- Hotmelt adhesives
- Heat Staking/ Hole Punch
- Plastic welding
- Fluid heating