Nexthermal’s high watt density cartridge heaters are built with premium materials to maximize field performance. Our cartridge heaters can be configured with optional type J or K thermocouples. Nexthermal is also able to manufacture metric sizes from 3.1 mm to 25 mm and imperial sizes ranging from 1/8 in. to 1 in. If you need a quality built cartridge heater designed to your specifications and delivered fast, Nexthermal has the right high watt density cartridge heater solution for you.
No new technology has been able to surpass the cartridge heater with respect to performance, durability, and value heating an object from the inside out. Nexthermal can help you with your new product development, solve a cartridge heater problem, or replace an older heater.
New Product Development
At the early stage of new product development, utilizing a cartridge heater, details can be overlooked. Nexthermal can provide performance driven engineering consultation that will help determine heater fit, heater location, heat distribution, thermocouple location, and key thermal mass positioning.
Too often heater placement is determined too late in the design process – creating difficult heat profile problems. Addressing key thermal strategy elements early will enable design engineers to better optimize performance and responsiveness of the heated object.
Solving a Cartridge Heater Problem
Nexthermal can work with you to improve the durability and performance of your heater.
Do your failed cartridge heaters have similar characteristics? If so they hold clues as to the root cause of failure. Nexthermal can evaluate your failed heater and identify the right configuration to improve durability.
Have you noticed a variation in quality in your plastic processing, packing, rubber molding, mass spectrometry, analytical equipment or other application? Nexthermal can offer application specific wattage distribution profiles that can improve throughput, quality, and speed.
Nexthermal high watt density cartridge heaters set the standard for responsiveness, precision of OD sheath tolerance, durability, and versatility.
The Nexthermal cartridge heater configurator puts the engineering tools in your hands to design the correct cartridge heater for you application specific needs. This program guides, and informs you on design criteria with an easy to use graphical interface. In less than 2 minutes you can engineer your heater.
- Ships out in 7 business days
- Imperial and metric sizes available
- Industry specific algorithms for application specific engineered heating profiles
- Tighter fit to bore offering more efficient heat transfer and durability
- UL and CSA configurations available
- Heater Sheath: CrNi Steel
- Insulation Material: Highly Compressed MgO
- Heating Wire: NiCr 8020
- Maximum Sheath Temperature: 1382° F
- High Voltage Stability <= 24v Nominal : 500VAC (cold)
- High Voltage Stability > 24v Nominal: 1500VAC (cold) *Higher on request
- Insulation Resistance: min. 5M Ohms @ 500 VDC (cold) >5M Ohms on request
- Discharge Current: max0.5mA @ 253 VDC(cold)
- Length Tolerance: +/- 1.5% (min. +/- 1mm) *Others on request
- Resistance Tolerance: +/- 10% smaller on request
- Diameter Tolerance Standard: +/- .002 in.
- Diameter Tolerance Premium: +/- .0008 in.
- Maximum Voltage: 600V
- Maximum Warranted Watt Density: 160 Watts/In2
- Length of Unheated: Lead End = 5-25mm 4-10mm; Disc End = 64-9mm; * Others on request
- Maximum Length: 105 in. *Consult Engineering for your Diameter Size
- Supported Diameters Imperial (in.): 1/8, ¼, 5/16, 3/8, ½, 5/8, 11/16, ¾, and 1
- Supported Diameters Metric (mm): 3.1, 6, 6.35, 6.5, 7, 7.9, 8.9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, 12.5, 12.7, 13, 14, 15, 15.8, 16, 17.5, 18, 19, 20, 22, and 25.4
- Seal bars
- Torpedo heaters for injection molding
- Injection molding manifolds
- Mass spectrometry
- Rubber molding
- Food production
- Immersion tank heating
- Hvac compressors
- Fuel cell
- Medical devices
- Sensor measurement devices
- Die casting
- Hotmelt adhesives
- Heat staking/ hole punch
- Plastic welding
- Fluid heating